Weather was nice today so I started the spring maintenance. First thing to do was pull out the spark plugs. They look super nice so I cleaned and gapped them.
Next points. I dressed the points with a file and lubed the distributor.
Then I checked the gap. It was dead on 20 thousands of an inch. Weird. That means the amount I filed off exactly matched the wear on the points. Lucky!
Next warmed up the car and checked the timing with a timing light. Looks good. Then I changed the oil and greased the chassis and checked all the fluid levels. I used a Purolator oil filter this time and the gasket did not fit well at all. So I reused the old one. Should have taken more pictures but I did not.
Cleaned and oiled the air filter. I got dimensions on this. I would like to find a paper air filter the same size because I doubt this was doing much.