It has been a while since I posted anything. The car has been running great so not much to report. And I have a new project sucking up lots of my time. But I did do spring maintenance today. I have shown most of this before but I do have some new #0 grease for the steering box.
This is a John Deere lubricant sold as “Corn Head Grease”. As you might expect it is green and very, very slimy. I cleaned out my least favorite grease gun to hold this stuff.
Here is the target. I pumped in a ounce or two. We will see how it looks. I also did the following:
- Changed oil
- Replaced filter and cleaned filter canister
- Lubed chassis
- Adjusted brakes
- Cleaned fuel sediment bowl
- Cleaned battery and battery tray
- Serviced battery
- Rotated tires
- Topped off tranny
- Topped off diff
- Cleaned points (did not gap them or check timing. Ran out of time)
- Flushed and filled cooling system. I kinda screwed up here. I calculated the antifreeze quantity based on the capacity in the service manual. I forgot (again) that the heater is being bypassed. So my planned 50-50 mix is more like 70-30. Whups.